Brunch at Badger & Co, Edinburgh

December 2, 2016

One thing is for sure about my recent trip to Scotland was that I didn’t stop eating. I was truly in food heaven. On our second day in Edinburgh, Charlotte and I visited a place called Badger & Co for Brunch which is located in the prime Shopping District between George Street and Princess Street on Castle Street. After reading up online that this is the former home of Kenneth Grahame, the author of Wind in the Willows. I knew I had to go.

brunch-at-badger & co-edinburgh-scotland-rachel-nicole-uk-travel-blogger-5 brunch-at-badger & co-edinburgh-scotland-rachel-nicole-uk-travel-blogger-6

The breakfast menu offered a variety of items from the blogger’s favourite Avocado on Toast to The Full English. I went for the Fruit Platter, a portion of the Doorstop Toast and a fresh Orange juice. Charlotte got the Smoked Salmon Bagel with Scrambled Egg. I hadn’t given much thought about the Doorstop Toast when I ordered it but it really was Doorstoppin’. Seriously, though, it was the most amazing bread and came with homemade jam. The Fruit platter had a bit of everything and was a really generous portion. Between the fruit and toast, I was stuffed. Charlotte also really enjoyed the Smoked Salmon Bagel, it looked pretty darn amazing!

brunch-at-badger & co-edinburgh-scotland-rachel-nicole-uk-travel-blogger-4 brunch-at-badger-co-edinburgh-scotland-rachel-nicole-uk-travel-blogger brunch-at-badger-co-edinburgh-scotland-rachel-nicole-uk-travel-blogger-3 brunch-at-badger-co-edinburgh-scotland-rachel-nicole-uk-travel-blogger-2 brunch-at-badger-co-edinburgh-scotland-rachel-nicole-uk-travel-blogger-1 brunch-at-badger-co-edinburgh-scotland-rachel-nicole-uk-travel-blogger-8 brunch-at-badger-co-edinburgh-scotland-rachel-nicole-uk-travel-blogger-7

I really liked that although there is the Wind in the Willows theme going on, it isn’t shoved down your throat. I think they have got it just right. It’s beautifully decorated yet still pays homage to the Wind in the Willows roots with a secret garden and Toad Hall which is actually a meeting room. As for the food, it was absolutely delightful and gave us a great boost for our day of exploring ahead. I’ll certainly be back in the future as their Lunch & Dinner menu’s sounded incredible and the staff there were all really lovely and attentive.

Are you a fan of Wind in the Willows? Have you been to Badger & Co?

*I was kindly invited to Badger & Co  to a sample their breakfast on a complimentary basis, all thoughts & opinions are my own.

15 responses to “Brunch at Badger & Co, Edinburgh”

1. Crystal says:

All that food looks delicious. It’s making me hungry for lunch and it’s only 9am.

2. Kate says:

Oooh, your photos are making me hungry. Badger and Co sounds so great and I love the subtle Wind in the Willows theme.

3. Sarah Bailey says:

I would definitely put this on my must visit list were I in Edinburgh. The food looks delish, and I would have to see the secret garden and Toad Hall and enjoy the Wind in the Willow’s theme.

4. Elodie says:

That place looks amazing and the food doesn’t look bad either. I’ll definitely pop it on my list of places to visit if I ever go to Edinburgh!

5. emma white says:

oh wow this place looks and sounds amazing and just look at that food, wish I lived closer as would love to go

6. Charli Bruce says:

I’m a massive fan of Wind in the Willows but have never been here as I’ve never been to Edinburgh. I would love to go though as it looks absolutely stunning and the food looks delightful x

7. Eep this looks like such a colourful and tasty brunch! (also, side note – love your dress!)

8. I have never been here but it’s going on my list for the next time I visit Edinburgh. The smoked salmon and scrambled egg bagel sounds like exactly the kind of thing I’d order x

9. I love that there was a subtle wind in the willows theme and its a bloggers prerogative to order insta ready brunch so why not lol x

10. What a gorgeous place! I head to Edinburgh every year for the Fringe Festival, I’ll have to heck it out next August x

11. Martina Williams says:

The smoked salmon bagel looks so delicious! I like how elegant the restaurant looks and it’s great that they have so many healthy options. That food platter looks so yummy.

12. The venue looks really nice and the brunch options look delicious. How jealous am I, I shouldn’t have looked at this on an empty stomach, yum!

13. Laura h says:

What a cute theme! I loved Wind in the Willows so I’m sure I’d love this 🙂 The food looks scrumptious too!

14. Stephen says:

That bagel looks just delightful and what great interior decor this place has!

15. Mel says:

I’ve never heard of Badger & Co which is odd as I’m now thinking I’ve walked passed its location several times. The food looks really nice and now I kind of want to go for breakfast despite it being a 45 minute drive!