Yoga in the office

February 10, 2017

One of my 2017 goals and resolutions, is to be more active and definitely tone up. I’ve decided to try out yoga, which up to now my only experience has been on the Wii Fit game. So not really a lot. I was also inspired by Annie Bean’s blog post and how yoga is so much more than exercise, it helps the body, mind and soul. I’ve actually owned a yoga mat for years, so it’s time to get it out and actually use it.

As I work from home, I’m basically either sat at my desk, in a coffee shop or sometimes in bed. It’s obviously not a traditional office job but I’m not on the go as much as I’d like to be. It’s recommended that office workers exercise for an hour a day, Office Furniture For Work Online – Furniture At Work™ has put together a video of how to incorporate Yoga into the Office.

Office Yoga Positions - Rachel Nicole UK Blogger Office Yoga Positions - Rachel Nicole UK Blogger photography backdrops

These positions are such a great introduction to yoga and how to blend it into office life. These poses can all be done at your office chair without garnering too much attention from your co-workers. I’ve also been having back problems so I’m hoping if I continue with it, stretching out will relieve some of the pain.

Have you ever done yoga? Would you do it in the office?

*This is a collaborative post

13 responses to “Yoga in the office”

1. Eazynazy says:

I can never imagine a yoga during ofc hours but you made me think about it now 😉 will definitely try this

2. Jemma says:

I work from home, so would feel comfortable doing this in my home office.

3. Jessie says:

Great idea – I know a lot of offices provide yoga once a week, and it’s a really fantastic idea! xx
    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

4. Jenny says:

I also work from my sofa which is not ideal, love the look of these exercises!

5. I have never tried Yoga but I would like too as I have heard how great it is to relive stress. My job doesn’t provide it I am sure they would look at me weird if they saw me doing it lol…

6. I think I might give these a whilrmy backnis crippling me at the minute because I am not moving around enough like I used to

7. Ickle Pickle says:

Yoga is so beneficial, I love this and all the ideas for office yoga. Kaz

8. Sarah says:

This would be fantastic if you worked from home! I’d be too embarrased to do it in public though, but it’s a brilliant idea.

9. Danasia says:

These moves are perfect for someone who sits at their desk all day. I work from home and struggle to make stretching a priority so these are great!

10. Jess says:

The best thing you can do for back pain is to keep moving so hopefully a bit of yoga will help! I’m always fidgeting and stretching at my desk haha 🙂

11. Mel says:

You know what? I think that’s a brilliant idea! I used to do yoga pre-children, but with 4 of them, work and a busy life, I just don’t make the time for it anymore, but I recently discovered Yogaia (only the free sessions so far) and I’ve loved it!

12. Kira says:

I don’t work in an office but I definitely would like to get this into my routine to do it when I’m getting out of bed 😀

13. I have done yoga before but office yoga would be good for me as I do spend long amounts of time using my computer and it really hurts my back!