I thought I would do a little Blogger’s Guide for London Fashion Week. I’m going to be attending the full week this season and I’m so grateful to get these sort of opportunities! Here are a few tips for LFW if you are thinking about going next season or if it’s your first season this week!
– Applying for Tickets: It’s a little late for that this season but It’s important to get organized early. There’s a list of PR contacts on the LFW website which you will have to e-mail to request tickets to each individual show. When doing this I always make sure I include;
– My Name and Address(Most of the time they won’t e-mail you back if you are successful and just post your tickets out)
– A little about my Blog and it’s statistics
– Why you would like to come to the show – Maybe what you liked about the designer’s previous collections.
– Wish them luck with the show!
The shows listed on the LFW website are the on-schedule shows and not the only shows going on in London. Fashion Scout have lot’s of amazing shows at the Freemason’s Hall. There’s also the Fashion’s Finest Shows and The FASHIONatMELONDON Shows.
What to bring with you: This season my must-have is a portable phone charger. Having an iPhone the battery is hopeless and not brilliant for live-tweeting and instgram everything.
Don’t forget your invites and any print offs of your e-vites – This season I’m printing my e-vites off as I faffed so much trying to find them on my phone.
Flat shoes for me is a big must. Those cobbles at Somerset House are not built for heels and your feet won’t like having to stand in ques outside shows in 6 inch heels.
What to expect: Expect ALOT of queing, Last season I spent more queing than seeing any shows. Don’t always expect a seat at a show and defiantly don’t expect to be sitting front row in between Anna and Alexa.
Most shows are never on time, so defiantly plan your schedule with plenty of space in between.
Hope this has helped anyone hoping to go or going this weekend!
Any items marked with an (*) have been gifted from a company, PR sample or paid for with a gift voucher. All opinions are my own and honest. Do not use content/photographs without my permission or credit.