Lifestyle: Staying in is the new going out!

March 21, 2015
Sometimes all you need is the comforts of you own home. My Voucher Codes recently conducted some research which shows people are now spending more time at home in order to save a bit of cash.

Whilst I do love dining out and doing a spot of shopping, I am basically addicted to watching movies and TV shows on Netflix whilst in my PJs! I’ve just finished watching Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt which was rather funny but Pretty Little Liars is my fave! (Who’s excited for the season finale on Wednesday?!)

(Source)

There’s so many ways that staying in can save you money, I know I spend quite a lot of money on eating out (In my defense, I don’t have an oven – Don’t ask!) but limiting that to a couple of times a month would save me so much money.

I think the statements true, especially for my generation when money is important. I sometimes feel like a granny staying in, I’m not much of a partier either but I’ve asked around and so many people would rather just stay in and have a few drinks amongst friends.

What do you think? Is staying in the new going out?

What would you prefer?

16 responses to “Lifestyle: Staying in is the new going out!”

1. I prefer staying in too! I also just finished that show, I'm so sad it's over. I'm a bit behind on watching PLL!

Tara x

2. Gaby Scanlon says:

Just come across your blog and love it! I am obsessed with PLL, the amount of times that I thought I knew who A was is unbelievable!!x
    apathtotheunknown.blogspot.co.uk

3. Katie Males says:

I don't go out much but I do appreciate a night out when I get the chance. But I will always be a staying in person. Nothing better then having a Netflix binge in you PJ's x

KMales

4. I have to be in the right mood when I go out! I prefer a cosy nigh in pjs watching a movie than going out in the cold, queuing up and having to deal with drunk people!

5. Bea Castro says:

100% staying in kind of girl over here!

BCfactor.blogspot.com

6. ravenlocks says:

Hahaha…I totally agree. I love staying in 🙂

xo Azu

7. Rachel Marie says:

I would say 90% of the time I would rather stay in watching PLL/Gossip Girl and eating delicious food (ideally pizza). Then the odd time I will really fancy getting dressed up and going out.. I'm really not a big partier/drinker though and I never understand how some students can go out multiple times a week!
    Rachel Coco

8. ellie says:

SO excited for PLL finale on Wednesday! And I would have to agree that staying in can be so much nicer than going out sometimes, sometimes you just need some more of a chilled time 🙂

ellie etc

9. Chichi says:

I like going out, but sometimes I like staying in!

10. I'm definitely more of a staying in kind of girl! I've been loving house of cards recently x

Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

11. Adele Miner says:

I do love a night out here and there but for the most part I love staying in watching something decent in my chocolate stained pjs.. I usually do end up spending too much money on take aways though! X
    graciousghost.blogspot.com

12. Jill says:

With 2 young kids and a busy career I have to say it's staying in for me. Nothing beats Jammie's, a take away and a box set with my hubby x