The Best Looks from the Oscars 2017

February 27, 2017

Last night was the 89th Academy Awards in Hollywood. Of course, I stayed up and watched all the exciting action of the Oscars to see who picked up the top gongs and most importantly to see what everyone was wearing. Where do I even start with this post? It was quite the dramatic evening with La La Land been presented with the Best Picture before annoucing they hadn’t! I would’ve loved to have seen La La Land actually win but there was really so many amazing movies this year.

As always, I’ve compiled a list of all my favourite looks of the evening from the Oscars Red-Carpet and all the after show parties. Emma Stone looked incredible as always. Not only has she scooped up all the top accolades throughout award season, she has looked phenomanal at every ceremony. Emma looked amazing last night in a retro styled gown by Gucci. She actually resembled an Oscar! Another look that completly blew me away was Taraji P. Henson in a custom-made Alberta Ferrerti gown, she oozed old Hollywood glamour.

I personally was drawn to a lot of the princess-esque gowns on the carpet with Felicity Jones in Dior and Hailee Steinfeld in Ralph & Russo. There wasn’t a lot of colour on the red-carpet with lot’s of nude, golden and soft tones. I also have to mention Elizabeth Banks at the Vanity Fair party, she wore an Elie Saab Couture gown and it was just love at first sight for me.

Emma Stone in Givenchy & Tiffany Jewels.

Hailee Steinfeld in Ralph & Russo.

Taraji P. Henson in custom Alberta Ferreti and Nirav Modi Jewels.

Chrissy Teigan in Zuhair Murad.

Felicity Jones in Dior.

Karlie Kloss in Stella McCartney.

Emma Roberts in Vintage Armani.

Olivia Culpo in Marchesa.

Sophia Boutella in Chanel Couture.

Elizabeth Banks in Elie Saab.

Reese Witherspoon in Michael Kors.

Jennifer Aniston in Versace.

Kate Bosworth in J Mendel.

Emily Ratajkowski in Jonathon Simkhai.

Rashinda Jones in Prada.Photos: Vogue

I’d love to hear what your favourite looks from the Oscars were, do you agree with my choices? Who would make it on your Best dressed lists?

Don’t forget, I’m currently giving away a bottle of Viktor & Rolf’s Flowerbomb Perfume as it was my 7th Blogging Birthday last week. You can enter here or via the Rafflecopter thing below.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

16 responses to “The Best Looks from the Oscars 2017”

1. Leah says:

Some of these dresses look absolutely stunning, Emma Stone looked really pretty – loved her makeup too!

Cyber Mermaids | Alternative beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog

2. Parie Joshi says:

There were some gorgeous dresses last night, my best dressed has to be Emma and Tajarhi!

Parie x
    Class and Glitter

3. Jessica says:

For me Felicity Jones & Kate Bosworth stole the show in tulle! So dreamy.

xoxo
    J
    from
    The Crown Wings

4. Lucy Cole says:

Some such gorgeous looks! I think Kate Bosworth is my fave. xx

Lucy x | lucy-cole.co.uk

5. shannon says:

So many beautiful looks! I love when a woman dresses appropriately for her age.

6. Ashley says:

Such great picks! I just published my top 3 best dressed of the night xx

actuallyash.blogspot.com

7. Lubka Henry says:

I didn’t watch the Oscars, so it’s really nice for me to see this recap. Loving the dresses!

8. Jennifer durrans says:

Elizabeth Banks looked stunning that dress is amazing!!!

9. Ela says:

It is really hard to pick a favourite from all these gorgeous dresses. Jennifer’s and Emma’s dresses are stunning tho!

Ela BellaWorld

10. Mel says:

Ralph & Russo can do no wrong when it comes to dresses in my eyes and Hailee Steinfeld looks incredible in their creation. I think Elizabeth Banks was the best dressed though; she really looked incredible.

11. Charlotte says:

I’ve watched the Oscars for the past 4 years and every year, there have been a lot of people where I’ve looked at them like “What are you wearing?!” This year though, everyone looked amazing! I loved Hailee Steinfeld’s dress a lot, and all of the Hidden Figures girls looked AMAZING (I love them all anyway). Great post!

12. Ashleigh says:

Emma Stone wins it for me, hands down. I love her anyway, but that dress is something special!

13. Vicky says:

The oscars are always a glam event, I loved Kate bisque that dress. It’s a shame lalaland didn’t actually win.

14. My goodness those dresses and jewels are stunning. I’m not sure which I like best although Emma stone looks great.

15. fashionmommy says:

We had most of the same choices, but I hadn’t seen Kate Bosworth – LOVE that one!

16. Evija says:

LOVE the OScar season and all the glamourous women and their gorgeous outfit! For me Emma Stone was in a league of her own that night, she is so beautiful, elegant and talented. Amazing choice for the dress on her winning night!!