Rachel’s USA Trip: My Florida Travel Wishlist

Some of you might have previously seen my plans to go travelling around the USA in October for a couple of months. As we get closer to the trip, I’ll be updating you guys with all my plans and how I’m getting on with booking everything. It’s all getting very exciting as we are now into double digits on the countdown.

Aside from my Trek America trip which is the Southern BLT, I’ve only booked a few things in Florida which is actually right at the end of my trip. Somehow, I’m managing to book my trip backwards. The final two weeks of my trip will actually be really fun as one of my friends will be joining me for a few days in New York and Florida. The plan for Florida is to fly into Miami, which is a city neither of us have visited. Take a trip down to Key West before heading off to one of my favourite places; Orlando!

We all know how much I love planning my trips, I’ve actually been planning the trip since Christmas. You can only imagine how long list of things to do and see is for this trip! I thought I’d put together a Florida Travel Wishlist.

Miami South Beach, Florida - Rachel Nicole UK Blogger

(Image Source)

Miami

I’m so unbelievably excited about visiting Miami. It’s been on my Travel Wishlist for such a long time. I need to do a little more research to pinpoint exactly what I want to do whilst in Miami. Visiting South Beach, doing a Boat Trip and visiting the Wynwood Art District are high on my list. I recently saw Jess’ post about Wynwood and there is some incredible street art on every corner.

I’ve found that hotels in Miami are pretty pricey, this is probably because they are all exceptionally stunning. Also, it’s the Art Basel whilst we are in Miami so there will be a lot going on. Ideally, I’d love to stay in the South Beach area but I may have to consider other areas to fit in with our budget.

Key West Southernmost House, Florida - Rachel Nicole UK Blogger

(Image Source – The Southernmost House)

Key West

My trip to Key West is going to be super short and sweet. I’m actually looking into doing an organized day trip from Miami. It’s a pretty long drive down there, crossing 42 bridges!  I think the drive alone to Key West would be worth the early start. Visiting the beach, Hemingway House and Mallory Square is on my wishlist.

Walt Disney World, Magic Kingdom, Orlando, Florida - Rachel Nicole UK Blogger

Walt Disney World

Of course, I’ll be heading back to Walt Disney World. I could do whole other Travel Wishlist for this place. It’s been two years since our big trip to Walt Disney World and already so much has changed. Pandora has opened in Animal Kingdom which I’m desperate to visit along with the brand new nighttime spectacular show “Happily Ever After” in Magic Kingdom.

One of the main reasons for me going back to Walt Disney World on this trip is because of the Christmas celebrations. It’s been a bucket list item of mine to see the parks all decked out in the festive gear. On selected nights, Magic Kingdom closes for the Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. Tickets have just gone on sale, it’s just over $100 for an evening filled with magical shows, candy canes and Santa! If Mickey’s Not-so-scary Halloween Party was anything to go by, this party is a must do!

As we are on a tight budget, we won’t be staying on Disney property but have been looking at some really great hotels in the Lake Buena Vista area. They are so reasonably priced and still pretty close to the theme park.

Orlando

You could literally spend weeks exploring Orlando, there is so much to do. From shopping outlets, countless theme parks and attractions, you are so spoilt for choice. My last couple of days in Orlando (and in fact the whole trip) will be spent nearer to Universal Studios and the newly opened Volcano Bay Water Park.

I’m hoping to be able to stay in a Universal Studios Hotel, possibly Cabana Bay for my last couple of days. Staying on-site would give you early entry into the parks so you’d have extra time to explore the Wizarding World of Harry Potter or get on the waterslides at Volcano Bay. There are so many Hotels in the Orlando area to choose from, it can be so overwhelming but I do usually get drawn to the ones with crazy themes.

Florida is such an incredible destination for a vacation. I wish I had more time to explore the coastline, Tampa and the Everglades. I can always come back another time though, right?

Have you visited any of these places in Florida? Do you have any recommendations or tips?

* This post is part of Trip.com’s Underdog City campaign

25 Comments

1. Lynne Harper
    August 2, 2017 / 6:49 pm

Oh my goodness I’m so jealous it’s unreal lol what an amazing trip your going to have 🙂 can’t wait to see pics x

2. August 2, 2017 / 9:07 pm

Miami is the place I would most like to visit in Florida, but I’d love to go to Walr Disney too.

3. August 2, 2017 / 9:37 pm

Walt Disney World would definitely be top of my list of places to visit!

4. August 2, 2017 / 11:15 pm

I love Florida – it is one of my favourite places to go. Of course I’d have to recommend Walt Disney World, it’s incredible!

5. August 2, 2017 / 11:40 pm

I’m so excited for your trip and can’t believe how close it’s getting now. Key West is on my travel bucket list and I’m currently really wanting to visit Miami again, I don’t think I appreciated it as much as I should have on previous visits, it’s a lovely place but definitely somewhere to have your wits about you and before what areas you end up, or rather avoid ending up in

Sarah // http://www.bellesmoments.com

6. August 3, 2017 / 8:18 am

I really want to go to Disney World Orlando. I’ve been to the one in California, and it’s still one of my favourite holidays ever!

7. August 3, 2017 / 9:41 am

I’ve never been to Florida but I’d love to visit all the places you’re going to. I am in such awe of your USA plans and I can’t wait to see what you’re getting up to x

8. August 3, 2017 / 3:05 pm

Orlando just has to be done for me too. I have been itching to visit HP world since it first opened!

9. August 3, 2017 / 10:24 pm

I have been Florida and it was awesome. Disneyworld was a great fun place to experience:)x

10. August 4, 2017 / 10:01 am

You had a good plan and Florida was one of my bucket lists and I would love to go there soon.

11. August 4, 2017 / 11:26 am

I’ve never been to Florida but all of these are on my to visit list. one day it will happen!

12. francesca
    August 4, 2017 / 4:01 pm

Well imagine that!! Visiting all of these places would be an absolute dream!! I’ve been to walk disney its amazing and I’ll be taking the kids when they’re a little older too!!

13. August 4, 2017 / 4:21 pm

This sounds like such a fab trip! I have been desperate to go to Key West and can’t wait to read your posts from your adventure.

14. August 5, 2017 / 3:09 pm

I love Florida, especially Walt Disney World and have some amazing memories of it! Sadly we never made it to Key West so it is still on my list of places to visit. I can’t wait to read all about your adventures x

15. August 5, 2017 / 4:34 pm

I used to live in Miami- you’re going to love it! It’s so much fun!

16. August 6, 2017 / 12:54 am

What a fantastic trip you’ve got planned! I’d love to see Key West. We lived in Orlando for 3 years, but never made it to the Keys.

Your plan to visit Disney at Christmas is spot-on. All of the parks look so Christmasy that time of year – it’s really special! We had annual passes one year when we lived there and it was the best decision we could have made. So much fun!

17. August 6, 2017 / 3:23 am

You have a great wish list so far! It sounds like a beautiful trip. I am not very familiar with the Florida area, but something popular is swimming with manatees. You should look into it. And if you enjoy the outdoors the Everglades National Park is supposed to be wonderful.

18. August 6, 2017 / 3:52 am

So much to do in Florida! I hope I’ll get there someday…have fun!

19. August 6, 2017 / 10:08 am

Haha. I’m the same, often planning so far ahead! Excellent list sound like you’ll need to be super organised to fit everything in.

20. August 6, 2017 / 10:12 am

I have never been to Florida but I recently read a post on Little Havana neighbourhood in Miami and I would love to visit it. I hope you have a great time in Florida and tick things off your bucket list 🙂

21. August 6, 2017 / 9:19 pm

I’ve never even been to Florida but it didn’t occur to me that there is really so much to do in the state! I think the number one thing I would do on this list would be visiting the Harry Potter park 😀

22. August 7, 2017 / 12:14 am

I’m going to Florida in a week, I’ve got tickets for the Harry Potter Worlds and Volcano Bay and I can’t wait to hit the shops there too

23. Nikki
    August 7, 2017 / 6:31 pm

I live in FL. It is really pretty here, but so SO HOT! Miami is lovely and I love Orlando and Universal and Disney 🙂 You’ll have fun for sure. Just don’t visit in the summer lol