5 Tips for a Stress-Free Airport Experience

The last thing you want before heading on holiday is a stressful airport experience. I’ve had my fair share of Airport Experiences; good and bad so I thought I would share some of my tips on how to make it as smooth as possible.

5 Tips for a Stress-Free Airport Experience - Rachel Nicole UK Travel Blogger 5 Tips for a Stress-Free Airport Experience, Orlando Airport - Rachel Nicole UK Travel Blogger

Arrive Early

This is a little obvious but you don’t want to be rushing around the airport all flustered. Let’s face it, you want as much time as possible to mooch around Duty Free and grab a bite to eat. You also never know if there will be any accidents on the roads or if trains will be delayed. If you have a super early flight, especially an international one – I usually opt to stay in a nearby hotel so I wake up feeling refreshed and only a few minutes away from the airport.

Car Parking

If you are driving to the airport, book your parking in advance. There are also plenty of vouchers and offers if you dig around a bit. I also prefer parking quite close to the actual terminal but there are loads of options such as valet parking. Cheapflights.co.uk have compiled a guide on how to save money on Airport Parking. There are some really helpful tips!

5 Tips for a Stress-Free Airport Experience, Prezzybox Travel Wallet - Rachel Nicole UK Travel Blogger

Be Organised

When you are packing your hand luggage, make sure it’s all organised. Keep your documents and passports together in a safe place. I usually have my Travel Wallet from Prezzybox with me to keep everything organised.

Security can be quite stressful but there’s nothing you can do except been organised with your liquids and electricals. Remember you are only allowed liquids under 100ml and electricals such as iPads, laptops, hair appliances and cameras will need to be removed. As a blogger, that’s basically everything in my hand luggage!

5 Tips for a Stress-Free Airport Experience, World Duty Free - Rachel Nicole UK Travel Blogger

Treat Yourself

I always like to treat myself in World Duty Free whenever I’m in an airport. As a beauty lover, It’s probably my favourite part of the airport experience. Sometimes you can pick up some amazing bargains and travel exclusives. I’ve also just discovered that you can browse World Duty Free online and reserve what you want before you even get there!

5 Tips for a Stress-Free Airport Experience, Aspire Lounge Manchester - Rachel Nicole UK Travel Blogger 5 Tips for a Stress-Free Airport Experience, Aspire Lounge Manchester - Rachel Nicole UK Travel Blogger

Visit the Airport Lounge

You might have seen my recent post on Manchester Airport’s Aspire Lounge here. I’ve never tried an Airport Lounge before but I’d really recommend looking to book into one if you have a long haul flight ahead or wanting to completely relax away from the hustle and bustle of the airport terminal. Access to these lounges are around £25 but you are provided with food & beverages, Wi-Fi and newspapers.

Do you have any tips for making your Airport experience stress-free? Have you been in an Airport Lounge?

*This is a collaborative post

17 Comments

1. March 15, 2017 / 3:59 pm

These are awesome tips! I try not to drive myself to the airport and take a Lyft instead so it’s less stressful.

2. March 15, 2017 / 4:59 pm

For me it’s always a must to be early. Giving some time allowance from your travel time plus consideration of some unexpected happenings that will be a hindrance of our smooth travel going to airport. Also make sure to be organized so that you would not let a thing ruin your day because you missed bringing it.

3. March 15, 2017 / 7:15 pm

Very good ideas. I travel a lot and always have the guilty pleasure of stocking up on magazines, which I know I won’t be able to read on the flight, but just make me feel good having them with me. And of course, a nice drink to relax with.

4. March 15, 2017 / 8:38 pm

No I haven’t tried them yet but they do sound nice. I always try to be as organised as possible when I travel, I have to be with 3 children.

5. March 15, 2017 / 8:58 pm

It’s so important to be organised at the airport, it stresses me out so much if I’m not! Fast track is also really handy if you’re travelling at a busy time and don’t want to queue! Can’t forget the Duty Free! x

6. March 15, 2017 / 9:41 pm

Checking in online gives you more time for the nice things at the airport – ie food, fizz and shopping.

7. Jemma
    March 16, 2017 / 9:40 am

Travelling can indeed be so stressful! Great tips for a relaxing journey 🙂

8. March 16, 2017 / 12:01 pm

Fab tips! I really want to use an airport lounge for my next international flight. Will go have a read of your post on the Manchester Airport Aspire Lounge now. x

9. March 16, 2017 / 5:29 pm

i used to find the airport super stressful, now i’ve found a new line of zen. so long as i have my passport, money and enough clean knickers to see me through my trip then no worries! I do need to treat myself to the lounge experience though!!

10. Jessica
    March 16, 2017 / 7:31 pm

I love all these tips, especially the arrive early one. I don’t understand why people would leave arriving so late on purpose.

11. March 16, 2017 / 7:46 pm

being organised is my big thing – as long as you know you have everything and where you need to be etc then that’s the main things sorted x

12. March 17, 2017 / 10:49 am

I’m pretty laid back as a rule, but if something looks like it’s going to go wrong and I’m not sure of the solution, that’s enough to stress me out when travelling! A nice chill in the airport lounge always help!

13. March 17, 2017 / 10:16 pm

Some great tips here – thanks for sharing! X

14. March 18, 2017 / 3:44 pm

my best tip is to get their early and expect the unexpected. Make sure you have a plan if your flight is cancelled or delayed

15. Dannii
    March 19, 2017 / 11:23 am

Lots of great tips here. We always arrive really early, because I like to do shopping haha.

16. March 24, 2017 / 11:30 pm

I always try to arrive at the airport early, especially with 2 small kids. Having the extra time before boarding really helps make the experience much more relaxing. I love your suggestion to shop at duty free – I do the same! Except I usually just end up buying an enormous Toblerone!