Staying at the Hotel Kong Arthur & Spa, Copenhagen

February 28, 2017

Sitting along Copenhagen’s inner lakes is the Hotel Kong Arthur which was my temporary home whilst in the city. The boutique hotel is around a 20-minute walk from the centre of Copenhagen and only a short walk from Nørreport Metro Station which has connections across the city and to the airport. Also nearby to the hotel is Torvehallerne Food Market, The Botanical Gardens and Rosenborg Castle. This meant we could get up and out early and head to these sights before they got too busy.

We arrived into Copenhagen mid-afternoon and headed straight to the hotel to check-in. The lobby was so cosy, with fireplaces, snuggly sofas and their “cosy hour” was in full swing – more on that later. Our room was on the fourth floor, directly above the entrance giving us a great view of the cobbled street and the lakes. On the second day, we awoke to a blanket of snow and it just looked so magical outside.

Our room was superior double and it was very spacious, complete with a desk and sofa. The room had a TV which actually had British channels; mostly showing The Graham Norton Show and Top Gear on repeat! Everything was clean and tidy. I loved that there was a little sign underneath the bed saying they had cleaned under there for monsters!

The breakfast was like nothing I have seen before, a traditional nordic organic buffet. All made from fresh local ingredient there was a range of cheeses, meats, breads, juices and much more. As I’m quite a fussy eater, I did struggle with taking full advantage of the buffet but luckily there was waffle maker!

I previously mentioned “Cosy Hour” which is between 5pm and 6pm where you can gather with other guests in the bar by the fire and enjoy a complimentary glass of wine. I thought that was such a lovely touch! Hotel Kong Arthur’s sister hotel Ibsens is just next door and also hosts this cosy hour.

On arrival to the hotel, we were told about the Ni’mat Spa which was downstairs and also the biggest spa in Copenhagen. Access to the spa is complimentary if you have booked via the hotel’s website or booked a Spa room. On our second night at the hotel, we decided to check out the spa for an hour and it was so unbelievably relaxing after a long day of sightseeing on our feet all day. I’ve had bad back recently too so chilling out at their water temple worked wonders.

You can book yourself in for a range of treatments ranging from massages, manicures and pedicures. The Water Temple is pretty incredible with a sauna, jacuzzi, steam room and even a cold water bucket. Visiting the spa was certainly a highlight of my stay, it was such a luxurious sanctuary. I felt like I had been transported to an exotic island, not in the middle of Copenhagen!

My stay at the Hotel Kong Arthur was absolutely lovely and I would certainly stay here again. It seems the whole world has been intrigued by the Danish way of life and this new found trend of “Hygge” and I did wonder if I would experience this cosy and warm feeling. The Hotel Kong Arthur encompassed all of this and felt like a cosy home away from home.

Prices start from 1016DK per night and you can find out more information on the hotel here. Also, check out what I got up to in Copenhagen here.

Have you been to Copenhagen before?

*I received two nights complimentary & 1 night at media rate in exchange for an honest review on my stay.

28 responses to “Staying at the Hotel Kong Arthur & Spa, Copenhagen”

1. Elodie says:

This looks so nice! I went to Copenhagen last year, but we opted for an Air BnB since there were a few of us and we thought it’d be a bit more fun and sociable. If we’d known about “cosy hour,” we definitely would have opted for a hotel!

2. Cozy hour sounds right up my street! I love the look of the spa section and your room was so large and beautiful x

3. Joanna says:

What a stunning hotel and spa I’d love to visit copenhagen

4. Andrea says:

Looks like you had a great time!

5. This sounds like an amazing hotel! I love the sound of the cosy hour!

6. Kacie Morgan says:

I’d go to Copenhagen just to stay in this beautiful hotel!

7. Gemma says:

love the cosy hour idea, nice to get to know the other guests. The room is huge too, just did a tour of Scotland and the hotel rooms were all pretty small so this seems vast. Great find!

8. Sarah Bailey says:

Cosy hour is such a unique idea, it’s so nice to be able to relax and get to know your fellow travelers. The Hotel Kong Arthur is just beautiful and your room was magnificent. The spa looks unbelievable, I would love to visit this!

9. Lucy Cole says:

The cosy hour idea sounds so lovely!xx

Lucy x | lucy-cole.co.uk

10. Oh I’ll definitely be checking this place out next time I visit the city as I love the idea of using a spa after a days exploring x

11. Shoshana Sue says:

I would kill for that organic buffet. That is so rare to find. I love the room decor

12. Jemma says:

Wow what a great looking hotel, I love the ‘Cosy hour’ idea 🙂

13. Never been to copenhagen, but love sound of this hotel. Cosy hour is my favourite part haha well designed interior!

14. The spa looks amazing at this hotel! We’ve yet to visit Copenhagen but it looks immense x

15. Somewhere I’ve always wanted to go, the hotel looks amazing x

16. Wow this hotel looks really lovely. I would love to go and visit the spa I could do with a break.

17. Rachel says:

Oh wow, it looks just absolutely incredible and most definitely cosy for sure x

18. shannon says:

Beautiful hotel! It’s been years since I’ve been in Copenhagen.

19. When I was looking at heading to Copenhagen, I really wanted to stay here – it’s gorgeous! x

20. wow such a beautiful hotel I am tempted myself to go here one day! The spa looks lovely

21. beautiful pics and this looks like a gorgeous hotel. copenhagen is one of my fave places on earth

22. Emily Leary says:

I’d feel like I was stepping into a Wes Anderson film approaching that hotel! The hotel and the surroundings look absolutely gorgeous.

23. Emma says:

This hotel looks so luxurious – I especially love the bathroom – so chic! The spa looks amazing and I love the idea of Cosy Hour. Such a nice touch!

24. Lianne says:

Oh wow this place looks beautiful. I’ve never thought about visiting Copenhagen before!

25. Lubka Henry says:

A friend of mine lives in Copenhagen and I’d love to go there and see her. Such a beautiful city!

26. Meenal Ranka says:

This hotel is so amazing. It seems you had a great time.

27. What a beautiful hotel!! I really love the look of the spa, so relaxing

28. Charli Bruce says:

I’ve wanted to go to Copenhagen for so long, the hotel looks amazing! x