The Secret to Happy Travel? Aspire Lounge at Manchester Airport

If you are following me on social media you might know that I’ve just got back from Copenhagen. It was my first trip to Denmark and I have so much to tell you, there is going to be many blog posts coming your way! I thought I would start right at the beginning – Manchester Airport. I was kindly invited to experience the Aspire Lounge in Terminal One at Manchester Airport before we flew off.

The Aspire Lounge is located upstairs above all the shops. I’ve flown from Manchester Airport many times but never noticed the entrance which is in between Next and Dixons. After getting through security, picking up all the last minute essentials from Boots and getting spendy in World Duty Free, (I couldn’t resist, there’s a MAC!) we made our way to the lounge.

On arrival, we were greeted at the door by a lovely lady who talked us through the lounge and basically told us to make ourselves comfortable, help ourselves to snacks and newspapers and relax. The whole lounge overlooks the runway which itself is pretty entertaining to watch and see all the planes taking off and landing. We made sure we got a window seat to enjoy our food with a view.

It was around 11am on a Sunday morning, so they were just switching between breakfast and lunch so there was a mix of everything. We managed to get the last Bacon rolls. There was also a salad bar which is open all day, cereals, pastries, general snacks such as nuts, crisps & biscuits and also a soup of the day. You can help yourself to soft drinks from the refrigerator and there’s also a bar which you can get alcoholic drinks served such as beer, wine and spirits. I believe cocktails, prosecco and champagne are served at an additional charge.

Our flight turned out to be delayed for 30 minutes so it was nice to be able to relax in the lounge a little longer and take advantage of their unlimited free Wi-Fi and plug sockets. The lounge was a nice change from the hustle and bustle of the departures lounge. Overall, it made the experience a little calmer and stress-free. The lounge currently costs £21.99 (until then 1st April, then it’s £22.50)  if you pre-book in advance. Whilst I absolutely loved the lounge and had no faults, it’s slightly on the pricey side. I’d reserve this experience for a treat or before a long haul flight to relax. You can find more information on Executive Lounges which are located in many airports across Europe here.

Have you been in an Executive Lounge at the Airport? Do you think this is the secret to happy travel?

*My visit to the Aspire Lounge was complimentary in return for an honest review. As always, all opinions are my own.

16 Comments

1. February 15, 2017 / 9:49 am

I’m actually booked in for an Aspire Lounge before I fly out to Amsterdam at the end of next week and I am going proper early so I can’t wait to stock up on breakfast items x

2. February 15, 2017 / 4:38 pm

I’m so jel of your trip! I am planning a holiday as we speak, I’d love to go Denmark one day as well as many others places, it looks like you had an amazing time, I can never resist picking up something from Mac duty free when I go away, its a must lol

S x | SHELISES WORLD

3. February 15, 2017 / 4:47 pm

The food looks lovely and being sad i was excited by the fruit juice too…I’d love something like this. It’s not as expensive as i thought it would be, but think being a budget person I would probably save that for a special occasion. Love to hear what you got from mac soon too and can’t wait to hear more of the trip as never visited Denmark! x

4. February 15, 2017 / 5:03 pm

I’ve never had the pleasure but would love to have a little visit to one of the airports executive lounges. Jo x

5. February 15, 2017 / 5:15 pm

I’d love to, they look great. I’ve never been in one before.

6. February 15, 2017 / 5:17 pm

Not once have I ever been in a lounge at an airport… I tend to end up sitting on those metal seats feeling really uncomfortable and wondering how long it will be ’til I get on the plane. Looking at that lounge, however, I’d be happy just having my holiday there!

7. February 15, 2017 / 5:34 pm

oh I so agree you need to stop and relax and grab a bite to eat on your travels

8. February 15, 2017 / 5:35 pm

It sounds like the lounge experience was a good one albeit a little pricey. Glad to hear that you got the last bacon rolls. Looking forward to the Denmark posts.

9. February 15, 2017 / 10:35 pm

Sounds like a fun way to start a trip, looks so relaxing and peaceful.

10. February 16, 2017 / 2:29 am

Your trip looks so lovely!

11. February 16, 2017 / 7:28 pm

This looks like an amazing way to relax and chill before a flight and not as expensive as I expected it to be x

12. hannah
    February 16, 2017 / 9:36 pm

Looks like a great place before your flight to relax. I’ve been in a few lounges before x

13. February 17, 2017 / 11:57 am

I love using airport lounges before a flight. A nice relaxing way to start a holiday and when you compare the cost of eating in the departure lounge against the freebies in the lounge it usually works out great value.

14. February 18, 2017 / 5:02 pm

For someone reason I was expecting this to be almost double the price you paid!

15. February 19, 2017 / 10:31 pm

Nice, but I think I’d rather spend the money in the shops!!!

16. May 5, 2017 / 10:36 am

This was really helpful. we’re flying from Heathrow soon for our honeymoon and have been thinking about getting a pass for a lounge as a little treat pre flight, there’s nothing worse than not being able to find somewhere to sit! I think you’ve just convinced me!
    Helpless Whilst Drying