2017 Resolutions & Goals

Happy New Year & Hello 2017! I hope everyone has had a great start to the year and recovered from last night’s celebrations. I’m not too keen on New Year’s Eve, but I did end up going out for a couple of drinks – I would have much rather stopped in eating pizza and watching Harry Potter. I thought I would share my final outfit of the year and also my goals and resolutions for 2017.

Jumpsuits are becoming a staple item in my wardrobe. I’ve never been really bothered as they are usually too long in the leg but there are so many gorgeous wide leg culotte style jumpsuits on the high street at the moment. I recently picked up this Matalan jumpsuit for only £16 but it’s now only £10 in the sale! I’ve paired it with my new Kate Spade bag which I bought a couple of weeks ago,

Jumpsuit – Matalan (Similar)

Jacket* – Jayley

Bag – Kate Spade

Heels – Primark (Similar)

2017 is the one where….

I have a good feeling about 2017, I mentioned in my 2016 review post that I was feeling quite lost at the beginning of the year. I’m in such a better place now, I feel like I have a direction for 2017. My new year resolutions usually fall by the wayside come February 1st, but I’m feeling hopeful!

…I TRAVEL MORE

2016 wasn’t too bad on the travel front, I went on my first couple of press trips, visited a lot of new places, went on 12 flights and a mini cruise and realised I absolutely love blogging about travel. I’ll be doing a 2017 destination wishlist very soon, trust me it’s pretty long starting with…

… I GO ON MY DREAM COAST TO COAST USA TRIP

I’d say for the past ten years, I’ve been obsessed with America. Travelling across America is number 1 on my Travel Wishlist and 2017 is the year I’m going to do it. I have nothing booked at the moment but I’m looking into my options. I’m most likely going to book a coast to coast group tour before going off on a solo adventure.

… I POST MORE ON YOUTUBE

You may have seen this on my 2016 goals. This year (well, 2016), I have made a conscious effort to try harder with producing exciting content for my YouTube channel. I love making videos (especially travel vlogs) but it really does take so much effort – I managed 13 videos in 2016 – Let’s see if I can do any better in 2017!

… I AM MORE ORGANISED

My friend Caroline will 100% back this goal. I’m not the most organised person, I carry around 5 different notebooks and diaries and half the time I’m not really sure what I’m doing. It’s time to get it together, get organised and boss it!

… I FINALLY FINISH DECORATING MY OFFICE

Hah! I guess this ties in with getting organised! Decorating my office has definitly been a very slow project but the end is in sight. I’m going to be purchasing my new office chair this week and I just need to get my artwork and shelves up! Quite an easy goal but it’s being a long time coming!

… RE-JOIN THE GYM

Such a cliché to say I want to get healthy and fit in the new year but I do! I’m going to re-join the gym and get more active. I’m not super unhappy with the way I look but I’d rather not wear a bikini. My goal is to get in a bikini on South Beach, Miami or poolside in Vegas this year!

Have you made any New Year Resolutions or Goals?

16 Comments

1. January 2, 2017 / 7:46 am

Love this outfit and what a bargain at £10! Great shots.. love the woodland theme. 🙂
    2017 is going to be fab for you Im sure, so I 100% say you need sort your shit out.lol But you got this. :p

Caroline.x

2. January 2, 2017 / 8:10 am

Happy New Year!! I love jumpsuits too but this jacket… um. Wow!! It looks so expensive and fluffy. Great goals, I need to book my Norway trip, also be more organised and get my butt back in the gym! 🙂

3. hannah
    January 2, 2017 / 11:01 am

I love your coat, it looks great. I don’t do resolutions as i never keep them. All the best x

4. January 2, 2017 / 12:02 pm

OOh this outfit is gorgeous love the pleated culottes and the faux fur jacket. I hope you get to travel more and post on Youtube more often!

5. Kacie
    January 2, 2017 / 12:04 pm

Your travel agenda for 2016 sounds like it was amazing… hope 2017 is just as great!

6. January 2, 2017 / 12:15 pm

Happy New Year! One of my goals for this year is also to travel more. I’d love to do a roadtrip across America, but I think I’m going to stick to weekend breaks this year (Iceland, Barcelona and Amsterdam are all on the cards). Hopefully I’ll get back to the US next year!
    P.s. That outfit looks gorgeous on you! LOVE the fluffy coat x

7. January 2, 2017 / 2:10 pm

I love that jumpsuit – i really wanted a pink version like this for NYE but ended up getting a sequin top for xmas instead! Looking forward to more brill content from you in 2017 Rachel!xx

Lucy x | lucy-cole.co.uk

8. January 2, 2017 / 3:02 pm

Stunning jumpsuit – I can’t believe it’s from Matalan. Your US coast to coast trip sounds INSANE. I would absolutely love to do something like that.. Maybe not this year as I’m on a really tight budget at the moment, but when I have a permanent job for sure! xx

Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

9. January 2, 2017 / 3:34 pm

It sounds like you have 2016 under control. I didn’t think you could do anymore travelling than you did in 2016 but it looks like you are going to give it a good go this year. I’m jealous!
    Bee | QueenBeady.com

10. January 2, 2017 / 4:04 pm

I want to travel more too, there is so much in the UK I haven’t seen, would love to visit Scotland for the first time and take more mini breaks on the weekend. Hope you achieve all your goals in 2017

11. January 2, 2017 / 5:28 pm

I am somewhat obsessed by your jacket it is amazing and I am slightly green with envy about your trip to the US, I am looking forward to reading about what you have booked x

12. January 2, 2017 / 7:32 pm

I have three main goals for 2017 and monthly goals throughout the year and travel plus saving money are at the top of the list

13. Rebecca Smith
    January 2, 2017 / 9:32 pm

These are some great goals for 2017 – I plan on doing more with my Youtube too

14. January 2, 2017 / 10:57 pm

You look amazing! Great goals for 2017, I wish you all the luck in achieving them!

15. January 4, 2017 / 6:29 pm

Great photos and I love that jacket. Good luck with your goals, some exciting travel ones in there. Happy new year. X