Surprise Yourself with Surprise Trips

As a person who likes having itinerary’s and to know exactly where I’m going, You’d think the idea of a surprise trip would not be down my alley. Well, you’re right but the idea of Surprise Trips which sends you to a random European location excites me. Can you imagine not knowing where you are jetting off to until you get to the airport?! I love this concept and it can be tailored to your budget, with accommodation in a minimum of a 3* hotel in one of 77 possible European Destinations. Who knows, you could be visiting the Vatican in Rome, the Blue Lagoon in Iceland or eating Stroopwaffles in Amsterdam.

Sometimes it is nice to surprise yourself, do the extraordinary and step out of your comfort zone. I think that’s what’s surprised me the most this year is how much I’ve put myself out there and really gone out of my comfort zone.

Surprise yourself with Surprise Trips - Rachel Nicole UK Travel BloggerSurprise yourself with Surprise Trips - Rachel Nicole UK Travel Blogger

Earlier in the year, I was invited on my first press trip. On arrival at the airport, I was so nervous. I was essentially going abroad with strangers. I’d never met any of them before but ended up having the best time and making some great friends and lasting memories.

This year, I also went on my first solo flight. To be honest, it wasn’t too much of a big deal. I felt like a proper grown up though and would love to do another solo trip very soon.

Surprise yourself with Surprise Trips - Rachel Nicole UK Travel Blogger

You might know that I am the fussiest eater in the world. I’m not even kidding when I say it’s easier to tell you what I do like to eat. I really surprised myself when I tried Octopus in Mallorca along with an array of other pretty exotic foods.

I think the one standout moment of the year was Parasailing in Ibiza. Definitely not my choice of activities but once again, I actually enjoyed myself. I’m not the biggest fan of height and I didn’t half get my knickers in a twist before going through with it but afterwards, I was so proud of myself. I truly was surprised I did it. It was looking like I would jump ship before getting up in the air.

Surprise yourself with Surprise Trips - Rachel Nicole UK Travel Blogger

Also in Ibiza, we went Paddleboarding. I’m not exactly the most sporty person so the idea of going out on a board was so daunting. I was hopeless at first but after a while, I gained a bit of momentum and got the hang of it. The biggest surprise, I didn’t fall in, not once! Watching out Tokyo 2020, I’m coming for ya!

surprise-yourself-with-surprise-trips-rachel-nicole-uk-travel-blogger

These all might be little things to other people but to me, I feel like these are great achievements. I’ve really surprised myself and I’ve ended up having some pretty epic travels this year. A little spontaneity is exciting, pushes you out of your comfort zone and I’ve realised that’s not a bad thing. Maybe a Surprise Trip could be next on the agenda.

This is my entry to Surprise Trips Blogger/Vlogger Competition where you could win a Surprise Trip for two. You can find out more information here.

Have you been on a surprise trip? Do you prefer been spontaneous or having a set plan?

24 Comments

1. November 7, 2016 / 10:06 pm

I LOVE the idea of a surprise trip! I love travelling alone, I was so proud when I did my first train journey alone a few years ago. Well done you!!xx

2. November 7, 2016 / 10:17 pm

oh my gosh, this sounds like such a fun surprise. I love a surprise but if I was going somewhere hot or skiing I would like a little hint so I could pack accordingly.

3. hannah
    November 7, 2016 / 10:41 pm

Looks like you had some great trips. You had an amazing time

4. November 7, 2016 / 10:41 pm

This just looks like such an amazing thing to do and to go to. I think I would be daunted at going away with strangers too but it looks like it all worked out x

5. November 7, 2016 / 11:25 pm

As I’ve been to so many places in Europe I don’t think that I could do a surprise trip as I’d be a little disappointed if I got sent to the same place again. Sounds like a great idea though x

6. November 8, 2016 / 8:54 am

I have the feeling that I always have a surprise trip as every destination has something fascinating to discover. Food, people and little corners usually awe me.

7. November 8, 2016 / 9:41 am

Looks like you had fun! I loved paragliding was one amazing experience xo

8. November 8, 2016 / 10:20 am

Now this I like the idea of and might just have to leave your post open so the wife can see it ha!

9. November 8, 2016 / 1:31 pm

Lovely photos I really enjoyed reading it, I have a young child now so my surprise trips are limited lol – k x

10. Sarah (Mum x3x)
    November 8, 2016 / 3:56 pm

Aww, it looks like you had an amazing trip! Paddleboarding looks like SO much fun!! Beautiful pics, too! 🙂 xx

• November 9, 2016 / 9:54 pm

Awh thank you! Paddleboarding turned out to be fun, once I’d got the hang of it! xo

11. Melissa major
    November 8, 2016 / 7:58 pm

Sounds like an amazing idea! I’ve never been on a surprise trip before!

12. November 8, 2016 / 9:08 pm

This is such an exciting idea! Would definitely have a look at it and give it a try! I am usually very anxious with plnning trips

13. November 9, 2016 / 10:40 am

Surprise trips sounds amazing, I’ve never been to one but I’d love to as not knowing anything about the trip would kinda make thing even more interesting 🙂

Ela BellaWorld

14. nicol
    November 9, 2016 / 11:08 am

i would love to do a surprise trip one day. this sounds like an amazing experience and you have fun!

15. November 9, 2016 / 11:42 am

Surprise Trips sound absolutely amazing for the normal person. However I suffer from Anxiety and I mentally wouldn’t be able to do a surprise trip. I envy the fun you have had

Laura x x x

16. November 9, 2016 / 1:18 pm

I need a surprise trip in my life. Spontaneity is my favourite thing but never with a trip away.

17. November 9, 2016 / 8:03 pm

Sounds amazing! I am jealous! I do wish I did these sort of things earlier on 🙂

18. November 9, 2016 / 8:19 pm

Omgosh, I LOVE this idea! Although, the sensible person inside is thinking… What about the insurance!? I like to book insurance way in advance haha. I watched their animation and it’s awesome (minus one typo – tsk tsk). Definitely something I’d consider. I hope you win!

• November 9, 2016 / 9:52 pm

It’s such a brilliant idea, isn’t it? I didn’t think about insurance, I have one of those worldwide ones so I guess you’d need something like that to cover you. Let me know if you decide to book with them 🙂 xo

19. November 11, 2016 / 11:40 pm

I love the idea of a surprise trip. It sounds so crazy, fun and intriguing at the same time. I’m not too adventurous (never ever take me on a bungee jump or I will hate you forever), but I love a surprise.

20. November 27, 2016 / 1:38 pm

I was lucky enough to win a trip with Surprise Trips and it was fabulous! We ended up in Milan and loved our time there.

• November 27, 2016 / 11:11 pm

Oh wow! Sounds amazing, I’d definitely love to do one of their trips. Milan must have been incredible! xo