A Stylish Stay at Old Town Chambers, Edinburgh

Last week, I went on a little Scottish adventure, I’m so excited to share my trip with you guys. The first stop was Edinburgh; one of my favourite places in the UK with adorable little streets and so much history. The journey is just over 2 hours on the train from York which makes me question why I don’t visit more often. Charlotte and I were spending two days in Edinburgh before heading up to Glasgow where she is currently studying at University. The first evening, we stayed at Old Town Chambers in the most beautiful  apartment overlooking the city.

Old Town Chambers is located just off The Royal Mile in Edinburgh, making it a perfect base for sightseeing and exploring the Old Town. We arrived pretty early, way before check-in so we were able to leave our luggage in reception which conveniently has a 24/7 concierge (who were so helpful!). We went back at 3pm and as I’d previously received our access code, we went straight up to our apartment which was number 19.

Wow. Our apartment really blew us away. We knew Old Town Chambers would be pretty spectacular given it’s 5* rating and countless tourism awards but it completely exceeded our expectations. The apartment was so spacious with a living area, kitchen, dining area and even a desk. It was hard to believe it was only for two people. To top it all off, we had a balcony with incredible panoramic views over Princess Street.stylish-stay-at-old-town-chambers-serviced-apartments-rachel-nicole-uk-travel-blogger-4 stylish-stay-at-old-town-chambers-serviced-apartments-rachel-nicole-uk-travel-blogger-1 stylish-stay-at-old-town-chambers-serviced-apartments-rachel-nicole-uk-travel-blogger-6

The bedroom was towards the back of the apartment and had a lovely queen sized bed which I can confirm was as comfortable as it looks in the photographs. To be honest, Charlotte and I wouldn’t have minded sleeping on the pretty giant corner sofa in the living room. It was so comfortable!

stylish-stay-at-old-town-chambers-serviced-apartments-rachel-nicole-uk-travel-blogger-2stylish-stay-at-old-town-chambers-serviced-apartments-rachel-nicole-uk-travel-blogger-8

Each apartment at Old Town Chambers is different and can sleep up to six people. I’ve been browsing on their gallery here and they are all beautiful apartments. The Town House, in particular, is goals. As these are serviced apartments, they all come equipped with literally everything you would need, such as a dishwasher, washing machine, fridge freezer and a Smart TV.

stylish-stay-at-old-town-chambers-serviced-apartments-rachel-nicole-uk-travel-bloggerstylish-stay-at-old-town-chambers-serviced-apartments-rachel-nicole-uk-travel-blogger-3 stylish-stay-at-old-town-chambers-serviced-apartments-rachel-nicole-uk-travel-blogger-7

The little things really made us feel like it was a home from home with a Nespresso machine, Bose sound system and the loveliest Cowshed toiletries and the most heavenly room diffuser. The diffuser has made its way onto my Christmas list!

Our apartment was so lovely, We actually didn’t want to go out and when we eventually did around 8.30pm; everywhere seemed to have stopped serving and we ended up in Pizza Express! We did, however, go for cocktails which were amazing and I’ll talk about them in my upcoming Scottish Foodie post. There is also a  little tour of the apartment coming up on my Scotland Vlog – I’m not too sure when that will be up though! stylish-stay-at-old-town-chambers-serviced-apartments-rachel-nicole-uk-travel-blogger-5stylish-stay-at-old-town-chambers-serviced-apartments-rachel-nicole-uk-travel-blogger-9

I’ve never really considered staying in serviced apartments but after staying at Old Town Chambers, it’s a route I will certainly consider in the future. Apartments are a great option if you are staying with a group friends or family as there is so much space and you can really feel at home. We had a brilliant visit at Old Town Chambers, our only problem was that we wish we had stayed longer. In fact, I wouldn’t mind moving in full time.

I was a guest of Old Town Chambers, all thoughts and opinions are my own. It was truly a beautiful apartment and the photo’s obviously speak for themselves. If you’re interested in finding out more information, visit here. Prices start from £140 per night.

Have you been to Edinburgh before? Have you stayed in a serviced apartment? Would you stay in an apartment?

17 Comments

1. November 13, 2016 / 8:08 pm

oh my gosh that looks so nice! I was in Edinburgh for the first time a few weeks ago and we stayed in the waverly – also very lovely!

2. November 13, 2016 / 9:54 pm

The place looks really stylish and well presented. Edinburgh is alovely place to viist.

3. November 14, 2016 / 10:35 am

Woow this looks amazing, I was in Edinburgh 2 years ago it was beautiful!! Xx

4. November 14, 2016 / 1:39 pm

Beautiful apartment! I need to visit Edinburgh.

Chichi
    chichi-writes.blogspot.co.uk

5. November 14, 2016 / 2:49 pm

I haven’t been to Edinburgh for ages but am happily visiting in April. Your hotel looks incredible (as do the Cowshed toiletries). I love Edinburgh for how accessible it is by train.

6. November 14, 2016 / 2:51 pm

I loved this. I am from Edinburgh myself so glad you had such a lovely time. That apartment is gorgeous, almost makes me wish I didn’t live here so I can try it out for myself ha!

7. November 14, 2016 / 7:46 pm

Looks like a great location. I love staying in apartments – did an Airbnb last time I visited Edinburgh and it was fantastic and so convenient.

8. November 14, 2016 / 8:41 pm

I’ve just stayed in a serviced apartment in London and I would certainly consider staying in an apartment again. This apartment you stayed in looks amazing and wow, that kitchen is lovely! I would stay here for sure

9. November 14, 2016 / 10:04 pm

It looks like a really nice apartment no wonder they have a 5* rating. The rooms look nice and spacious and it looks in good condition.

10. RENNA CREIGHTON
    November 14, 2016 / 11:03 pm

I’ve always wanted to stay in apartments, but they all look so lovely, I’m worried I wouldn’t want to leave it !!! This one speaks for its self! It has everything and more, but, Id prefer to stay in an apartment than an hotel if I needed it for a week or so. they are perfect for business travellers.

11. November 15, 2016 / 11:14 am

Wow! What a beautiful view of the city! I love Edinburgh and try to visit every Christmas. I live in Glasgow so it’s very easy for me to pop over for the day! I’ve never stayed in an apartment but reading this makes me want to!

12. November 15, 2016 / 2:07 pm

Such beautiful views of the City. I’d love to visit there one day, I’ve never travelled far from Canada.

13. Hannah
    November 15, 2016 / 4:18 pm

This looks lovely! I would love to go to Edinburgh x

14. November 15, 2016 / 9:23 pm

This was beautiful. Glad you enjoyed it.

15. November 17, 2016 / 10:04 am

I really want to go to Edinburgh, especially for the underground streets they have. This will be on my list for somewhere to stay. Looks amazing.

16. November 20, 2016 / 9:24 am

Wow, I didn’t realise it was just 2hrs to get to Edinburgh!? That’s so much quicker than driving! Hmm..
    Love the look of this place.. I love an apartment over a room. Just makes you feel a little more at home and choice to eat in rather than out.
    That kitchen area is goals!!! beautiful!!!
    Edinburgh is on my list to do next year.. I can’t wait. 🙂

Caroline.x