The New York Christmas Shopping Guide

Ahh… Shopping and Travelling; my two favourite things. My favourite place? New York City of course. When visiting America, it’s been known that I can go slightly overboard with the shopping. I’m always wanting to get a good deal or buy unique items unavailable in the UK. I do try and do a bit of research and work out what is worth buying with the current exchange rate. Cheapflights and the Post Office have teamed up to create a Christmas Shopping Guide. With Cheapflights offering well, cheap flights over to the states and the Post Office offering the most used currency converter they certainly know what they are talking about!  New York Christmas Shopping Guide - Rachel Nicole UK Travel Blogger

I thought I’d also mention a few items which I have bought in the states. My biggest bargains were from Michael Kors where I managed to get three handbags for $250/£200. One of them was the large pink Selma which retails in the UK for £310! Even the sales assistant was bewildered when I told her. Tiffany & co is usually about 15% cheaper in America and stores like Hollister, Victoria’s Secret & Abercrombie are so much cheaper.

When it comes to make-up, I usually go for brands that aren’t available in the UK such as Lorac which is sold at Ulta and Pat Mcgrath at Sephora. I found that overall, brands such as Tarte, Anastasia Beverly Hills and Kat Von D was slightly cheaper than in the UK. All this talk of shopping and New York has got me seriously wanting to hop on a plane. I bet it’s so magical this time of the year and visiting at Christmas is high on my travel list. One day!

Have you visited New York? What do you think about shopping in the states? Have you had any seriously good bargains whilst in America?

*This is a collaborative post

9 Comments

1. November 28, 2016 / 10:14 am

I always do so much research into prices before I head to New York esp as the rates aren’t too good at the moment. I always stock up on vans when I go x

2. November 28, 2016 / 2:26 pm

I’ve never managed to get to NY yet – Great tip on avoiding some brands when there though. I wouldn’t have considered that some products can be even more expensive.

3. November 28, 2016 / 3:57 pm

One day, ONE DAY! I will spend Christmas in New York!! Great tips here though!

4. November 28, 2016 / 4:30 pm

OOh now I am glad to read that we do have some brands that sell at a cheaper price over here than they do over in the states!

5. November 28, 2016 / 7:13 pm

It’s very useful to know the flights are cheapest in November. NY is on my bucket list – I’ll get there one day. Jo x

6. November 28, 2016 / 7:39 pm

woow I had no idea that these brands were so much cheaper in New York, though I have never been there before. I really want to go NYC now, I need to save some money and go some time next year 🙂

7. November 28, 2016 / 8:55 pm

It’s crazy the price differences from the UK to the US! I know a lot of people rave about how much cheaper the makeup is over there! I NEEED to go to America soon 🙁 xo

Beth | Polishedcouture.wordpress.com

8. November 29, 2016 / 4:13 pm

My sister went to New York last year and bought some real bargains and gorgeous gifts for Christmas. I would love to go.