My Top Beach Holidays for 2016

April 21, 2016
I spend half my life browsing online for holidays I can’t really afford and dreaming of faraway lands. It’s not just me though, right? Who else is guilty of this? According to travel agent sunshine.co.uk, Britons take six weeks to commit to booking a holiday, not that surprising when there are so many options and all accessible to browse at your leisure online. I’ve been fortunate to visit some lovely resorts growing up so I thought I would share some of my recommendations of beach holidays worth booking in 2016.

(Photo Source – Paul Simpson)

Rhodes is one of the prettiest places I have visited. I fell in love with the little white houses and cobbled back streets of Lindos. I’ve always wanted to return to the island for a relaxing holiday, chilling by the crystal clear blue shores. Rhodes is a greek Island you don’t want to miss out on visiting!

(Photo Source – Henri vK)

If you are looking for somewhere to relax on the beach but also do a bit of sightseeing Barcelona is the one for you. Barcelona has many beaches to visit with nearly 5km of golden sand. If you get fed up with sunbathing, there is so much to see such as the Sagrada Familia, Park Gúell and walk along La Ramblas.

I visited Malta and Gozo when I was 6, so I can’t remember much. Apart from Popeye Island, which is very much worth the visit! Check out the cheeky Throwback photo. I did meet the Visit Malta team a couple of weeks ago at the #Jet2Sunchester event (which I will be blogging about next week) and I would love to go back. Valetta, Malta has been named the Culture Capital for 2018. With annual music events such as Isle of MTV Malta, there is something for everyone.

(Photo Source – brando.n)

If you are looking to go further afield and out of Europe, Dubai is an incredible destination to tick off your bucket list. There are some amazing resorts with beautiful beaches to relax in. If shopping is your thing (like me) then you will be blown away by the malls. Dubai is definitely on my travel wishlist right now.
Have you booked a holiday this year? Looking to book a beach holiday?

16 responses to “My Top Beach Holidays for 2016”

1. Jenn says:

Amazing pictures- I always love looking at traveling photos!

2. ravenlocks says:

Beautiful photos! Dubai looks incredible <3

xo Azu

3. Beautiful photographs! We aren't having a holiday this year as we're renovating our home and planning a wedding.. Expensive!!!

Chelsea – http://www.lifeinthenorth.com

4. I've been to Dubai, it's an interesting place with a mix of old and new culture. I really want to go to Barcelona

5. Yiotou_La says:

I love the photos!!! My island has the most incredible beaches, I am from Cyprus and I think that you would loved it here! 🙂 if you have time, google "nissi beach" in Cyprus and you will be amazed by our beautiful beach! I have been to Rhodes and it is amazing! Have a lovely weekend!

Yiota
    Pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com.cy

6. Yiotou_La says:

Yiota
    Pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com.cy

7. Lovely photos! I'm surprised it takes 6 weeks to commit! I tend to just wing it and book as soon as I see a good deal.
    Yesterday I booked return flights to Copenhagen for £30! And today I'm booking my trip to Asia for September 😀
    I'm not a huge beach holiday person but Dubai is one I'll always return to!

Tamsyn Elizabeth | Peaches and Bear

8. Chezka Cenon says:

Amazing! I just left an amazing beach in Danang, felt so bad to go 🙁

– Che

9. Cara E says:

All of these places are on my list, especially Barcelona and Dubai! Definitely craving a beach holiday right now ah x
    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

10. Caroline says:

Fab post! Loving the throwback picture! haha!
    Rhodes and Greece in general is somewhere I;ve always fancied visiting. I've always been interested by their history and mythology.
    Malta a favourite of mine, I been once about 6 years ago, but I'd love to return. When I visited it was out of season so although it was still busy, some/a lot of 'attractions' were shut.
    Dubai will forever be on my list, until I win the lottery to be able to visit! Haha!

Caroline.x

11. We visited Rhodes last year and I absolutely loved it! It's so beautiful, I've never been to Rhodes, and only to the airport in Dubai, hopefully there is some travel on my horizon soon!
    Lauren xx – bylaurenjane

12. Honestly, this post has made me fall a little in love with your blog. The photos are wonderful, and you give such an awesome insight. Please please please do more posts like this???

Amy;
    Little Moon Elephant

13. Love your blog! I am a new follower <3

14. Hannah Rose says:

I went to Barcelona last year and fell in love with the place, there's so much to do and you can relax on the beach too – best of both worlds! I'd love to visit Dubai! Xx