My Current Evening Skincare Routine

My Evening Skincare Routine - Rachel UK Blogger

I’ve never really had a set skincare routine until recently, after a skin consultation with Kiehl’s and investing in a couple of items I saw a huge improvement in my skin which boosted me to sort out my routine. I wouldn’t say my routine is perfect but I thought I would show you what I am currently using. Just a little background, I have combination skin and around my nose can get quite dry especially in the colder months.

My Evening Skincare Routine - Rachel UK Blogger

I’m ashamed to say my morning routine isn’t brilliant and slightly non-existent other than the Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream which I cannot recommend enough. I also use the First Aid Beauty Eye Duty Triple Remedy which really helps irradicate my dark circles and brighten my under eyes.

For my evening skincare routine, I start by removing my make-up with Liz Earle’s Cleanse & Polish*. I have only just started using this product a couple of months ago after hearing rave reviews. It’s great for gently removing make-up and a little really goes a long way.

I also use a Cleansing Facial Brush if I’m wanting to double cleanse. I don’t use this every evening, probably around 3-4 nights a week. Using a facial brush works wonders for your skin and really shows results. I use one from No7 together with the No7 Cleansing Gel but I’ve also used different facial brushes and found that the results are all pretty similar but this one is only £25.

My Evening Skincare Routine - Rachel UK Blogger

I’ve never really used a serum until I received the Timebomb Derm Warfare Night Serum* in a beauty box. It was a pretty sweet deal as this serum retails at £33 and the box was £19.99. As there is Glycolic Acid in this product, it does gently tingle. My skin feels in the morning though and it works miracles on dry areas!

My Evening Skincare Routine - Rachel UK Blogger

The biggest game changer in the past couple of months has been using the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Oil. Since using this my skin has looked more radiant and healthy in the morning. I put a couple of drops on my fingers and gently pat it into my skin.

My Evening Skincare Routine - Rachel UK Blogger

After letting this sink in for a couple of minutes I apply my eye cream which is the Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream before using the Garnier Miracle Night Cream. I got this cream in the Glamour Latest in Beauty 2015. I wouldn’t say this is the best cream on the market but I’ve been using it for the past month or so just to give it a go. Sometimes I use the Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream which I love but I’m running low on it at the moment!

Some other products that I also use quite regularly are the Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm and Lush’s Lip Scrubs to moisturise and exfoliate my lips. Other notable mentions are La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo, Caudalie Beauty Elixir and the First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads.
What is in your skincare routine? Do you use any of the products I mentioned?

11 Comments

1. April 28, 2016 / 9:49 am

Loving your photography, great post and blog! Anika x

2. Sarah Laird
    April 28, 2016 / 10:35 am

I've only just taken up a regular skincare regime and at the moment I'm using Proactiv to combat my blemishes but I really like the range of products you're using. I've never thought of adding a cleansing brush so this may be a nice addition to my routine right now! 🙂 X

• April 28, 2016 / 2:13 pm

I would totally recommend using a cleansing brush, It's made such a huge difference! xo

3. April 28, 2016 / 1:42 pm

I think the wife is currently using the Garnier night cream and I am intrigued by the texture as it is quite gel like x

• April 28, 2016 / 2:14 pm

Yeah it is quite like a gel, the only thing is that I'm not a fan of it's scent, it's pretty strong too! xo

4. April 28, 2016 / 1:58 pm

I have the Timebomb serum and its amazing, I really love it. I also love La Roche-Posay Effaclar BB cream, it gives a brilliant matt finish.

• April 28, 2016 / 2:15 pm

Yes, Loving the serum! I'll have to check out the La Roche-Posay BB cream! xo

5. April 28, 2016 / 7:54 pm

I've used the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream and I loved it, but I ran out of it some time ago and now I'm trying something different again 🙂 Also would LOVE to try the Midnight Recovery Concentrate, I've read only raving reviews on it!

6. April 29, 2016 / 3:48 pm

I need to get a more frequent night routine, I get really lazy when I'm tired! I like the sounds of the Kiehls midnight oil, my skin can get pretty dry in certain areas as well x

7. April 29, 2016 / 8:27 pm

I've massively upped my skincare game over the last year or so. I've always had an evening routine, but not a morning routine. I got the Ultra Facial moisturiser and I really wasn't impressed, for the money I think I could find something with a lot more oomph. I've had samples of the midnight recovery but I'm yet to try it! Liz Earle was the first hot cloth cleanser I used, but now I definitely prefer one of the balm versions such as Emma Hardie or Clinique.

Lauren xx – bylaurenjane